Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

NBN Issue

We have just moved to our brand new house & I have an issue with the NBN ... If I plug my Telstra Gen 2 modem directly into NBN box in garage I get good wireless speed (35-48), with Uni-D1 light orange ... But when I move the modem to  connection socket inside the house & hook up all cables correctly, I get no Uni-D1 light & modem only working on backup wifi ... Tried different connection cables & even new Telstra Modem but same result ... Builders electrician reckons cablings fine but surely only problem can be the cable from garage socket next to nbn box  to wall socket inside house (only have one)?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Re: NBN Issue

Its going to have to be the internal wiring if the modem works when plugged into UNID-1 on the NTD

For Official Support Chat Now, try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
  • I work for Telstra in the following products.
  • Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit