Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

NBN - Landline not working

Ive just recently got the NBN connected, my internet is finally working but my landline is not, although both phone lights are green on my gateway Max, I am not getting anywhere speaking with the case manager.

Any one got any ideas why it not working.  Getting very frustrated with it.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: NBN - Landline not working

Do you know what type of NBN Connection you have?

Fibre to the Node (used the old copper connection), Fibre to the Premise (you will have a white box on both the inside and outside of the house) or Fixed Wireless which will have an antenna on the side of the house?
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Highlighted

It is fibre to the node
Highlighted

Highlighted

Ok, and you have the phone plugged into the modem without an issue?

If you access the modems control panel (for the MAX that should be http://10.0.0.138 and go to advance then telephony) what does it show the current status for phone connection?
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Highlighted

Yes phone plugged into modem and light is green on modem for phone. However the display on phone says chech telephone line and it just dead.

I e gone into where you said but can't find anything that resembles modem control panel
Highlighted

Sorry found it put in wrong address
Highlighted

It tells me that 1registered and 3 unregistered just trying to pair it now.
Highlighted

I have gone into control panel for the modem and it says that in enabled with 1 registered and 3 unregistered, Ive tried pairing the phone, but still not working?
Highlighted

Ok, so there is certainly something going on and sounds like you might need to speak to NBN Assurance so they can make sure it is all good on their end and troubleshoot why it isn't working. They are on 1800TFIBRE (1800 834 273).
Helpful Links

Highlighted

Thank you. I've been ringing everyday but don't seem to be getting anywhere, they were working on it on Friday and were going to ring back in 10mins well still waiting!!!!!!
Highlighted

That isn't good.

If you aren't having any luck with NBN Assurance, than I would suggest it might be worth lodging an officail complaint

http://telstra.com/complaints
Helpful Links

Highlighted

Thanks I already lodged online complaint but haven't been assigned complaints manager yet.

Case manager told me today that my phone line needs to be provisioned and he call tomorrow.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit