Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
NBN | Line Connection Test Failed | Drop-Outs
After years of trouble with our internet connection, a few months ago we had new phone lines install in our house which completely solved our issues. We had terrible NBN speeds and constant drop-outs (close to 20 per day).
For the past 4 months, we've had a fast, stable and reliable NBN connection which we've been very pleased with, but today we woke up to find ourselves back with connection issues and constant drop-outs.
When the connection is established, the speed is great and all lights are green, but after 10 - 15 minutes, the lights of off / a different colour and VDSL drops out.
After doing a Telstra 'Smart Troubleshooting' test, the 'Line Connection Test' failed; meaning 'when we remotely tried to connect to your modem from our server, we were unable to establish a connection'. This page then also goes on to say steps will be provided to try and remedy this issue, but no information, links or steps are provided. Can a Telstra Tech please offer any suggestions?
- 0 Likes
- 825 Views
- 1 Reply
Was this helpful?
- Yes it was, thank you
- No, I still need help
Re: NBN | Line Connection Test Failed | Drop-Outs
Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
- I work for Telstra in the following products.
- Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
- I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
- Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
- My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.
- 0 Likes
- 0 Replies
Smart troubleshooting does not progress after finding a fault - should it?Find out more