Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

NBN migration from Cable

Hey guys

I’m at my wit end now and don’t really know what I should do next. I was on Telstra cable for 2 years and quite happy with the speed until I was forced to migrate to NBN. I placed the order sometime around Feb, the order was delayed due to the pandemic. Until May it showed some progress, Telstra sent me the package contains a black NBN box and gen 2 Telstra modem but before the package could reach me the cable was cut off, and 4G back up did not work either. When I got the NBN box and plugged it in, it did not connect, all lights flashed and the Telstra modem worked on back up mode ever since. Somehow the order to migrate my internet to NBN was cancelled, the broadband plan in my account disappeared. I tried every possible ways to contact Telstra support to get that resolved but all the representatives kept promising me that they already submitted a ticket to push my order through and someone would contact me to fix it, no call came. I made a complaint to the TIO and Telstra has until 10th Jul to fix the problem but I’m wondering if in the worst case Telstra still refuses to work on it and let me out of the contract how could I connect my home to NBN?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit