HTRH
Level 2: Rookie

Nbn move order message from Telstra

Hi,

I recently upgraded my nbn speed from 50mb to 100mb.

Order created processed and hardware sent out with a completed date for the 11/5/2021.

Now I've received on my order status message saying.

We're reviewing your order

Any clarification what this means?  I have sent multiple messages through the app with no response. 

Thanks 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Nbn move order message from Telstra

Very hard to say, but there is obviously something impacting the completion of the order.

It might be that Telstra/NBN cannot support the requested speed on the actual service to your home, and there are many areas that could cause that.

Can you explain what you have ordered? Was it on an existing service - unusual to get new hardware for a speed upgrade? Did you receive any new hardware? What exactly did you get and what type of service are you on i.e. FTTx, DSL, HFC?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
HTRH

Hi Steve,

thank you for the response I applied for the promotion telstra had for the 100 mb connection + 3 month  speed for $110 upgrading from my current existing  NBN 50mb plan.

Tracking had my order schedule laid out as follows

hardware sent out today via star track with tracking details provided.

disconnection of old service 11/5/2021 

and 11/5/2021 order complete.

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

That's reading as if it is a move/new order rather than an upgrade request.

How did you request the upgrade, through the Manage link in your account, or off the main Telstra webpage?

Also, what type of connection do you have (FTTN, FTTC, FTTP, FW, HFC)?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
HTRH

Re: NBN move order message from Telstra

Defiantly  placed the order through the telstra app under the change plan option  selecting the change/upgrade  plan option.

I have FIbre NBN 

HTRH

was advised just then through telstra message to set everything up as usual, and wait till the 11th (tomorrow) for service to be activated. 

I asked about the message regarding order review and was advised the service will be activated once the issue is resolved. 

I'm bit concerned as I will be without internet as my old service will be disconnected 

Jupiter

It is definitely a bit odd. Nothing should be "activated" or "deactivated". It is just a matter of NBN Co applying the new speed profile to your service. Shouldn't be more than a minor (a few seconds) pause in the connection at most.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit