Level 1: Cadet

NBN non stop dropouts on modem

Answered

I was connected to the NBN services on the 16th of January 2018, and since then i've had next to no internet due to constant drop outs every 5 minutes. I've rung up 3-4 times in the last 3 weeks regarding it, and nothing has been fixed they either say "we will do a modification on our end" or they get us to look at the modem gear which does nothing. I've completed the telstra troubleshooting and tried switching to my 'first home socket' and changing the cord that connects to the phone socket but with no change. I have no filters attached, but they say its on their end and that if a telstra technician is required I will be charged when i've completed every test they have asked. I've already been charged for a bill for nbn that I havent been able to use due to constant drop outs. This is quite a real turn off as I've been a loyal telstra customer for years for this to happen as we haven't been able to experience the greatness of the NBN as promised. Also when the NBN drops out the top 3 lights lose there colour and the link light flashes white and blue. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN non stop dropouts on modem

It is more likely a physical problem with the cabling at the node/pillar. The terminations may not have been done properly and just need to be redone (literally a 2 minute job for an NBN Co tech.

You would only be charged for a Technician's visit if the problem is on your side of the First Phone point in your house.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Accepted Solution

It is more likely a physical problem with the cabling at the node/pillar. The terminations may not have been done properly and just need to be redone (literally a 2 minute job for an NBN Co tech.

You would only be charged for a Technician's visit if the problem is on your side of the First Phone point in your house.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Level 1: Cadet

Thank you so much for the help! The issue has now been fixed.
Level 23: Superhero

Cancelled!
Juputer dealt with it😁
"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Level 3: Gumshoe

Make sure you are reimbursed for the $240as the CONTRACT SAYS NO FIX NO PAY .THAT'S THE LAW
TCRCWCRCJCJC

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit