Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

NBN order is on hold for too long

I am waiting for my NBN order to be completed but it is being put on hold for more than a week and i tried to contact telstra at 132203 for the explanation of what going on but cant get through to speak with them as the system directed me to use the my telstra app to solve it. Is there anyway to escalate my order? It is really annoying right now

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Re: NBN order is on hold for too long

I have the same issue, my order has been on hold for ages... I have the modem and The technician came and connected everything but still no nbn, it’s still on hold.. 

Highlighted

Same problem for me. Do you have your order completed now ?

Highlighted

No, it didn’t. In the end I had enough and canceled. I contacted Aussiebroadband and was connected to the nbn within the hour 

Highlighted

Thank you for you answer, so you had been waiting 4 months for nothing 

Highlighted

I have the same problem. We are using the Telstra Smart Modem which has 4G. The problem is when you are watching a movie at Youtube or Netflix, it is so slow to upload. There is no update and we left here waiting for the connection.

Highlighted

I also have the same problem. Does anyone know if I can cancel my order with Telstra and connect with optus or someone else as I've been waiting since February.

Highlighted

Hi , same problem than you since the 9 may. Did you have internet now ? 

Highlighted

No I don’t, not from Telstra anyway.. I canceled and moved to Aussiebroadband getting much faster speeds than Telstra offered for less money and I was connected on the same day, I’d say cancel and move to them, Telstra are hopeless and I wouldn’t recommend, ever!

Highlighted

Thank you for your answer. Is it easy to cancel the telstra bundle? I have check with Aussiebroaband but they are not in Canberra ans they didn't find my building. so I can connect with Yes optus or Vodaphone, wich one  ?

Highlighted

I found it easy because I wasn’t happy with my service, there’s a Satisfaction clause I can’t remember what it’s called but would be to hard to find on the website, if your not happy with how things are going you can cancel, no fees. And I’m sorry I wouldn’t be able to tell you which one as I’m not sure with how they are 

Highlighted
Level 18: Intelligence Chief

Hi @alainpeigne45 

No I don't work for Telstra.

If your order relates to an NBN connection call this number 1800 834 273

They should be able to trace your old order or create you a new one.

if it doesn't work let me know.

Rohan

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan
Highlighted

Hi Rohan,

Telstra said that they are working on it but nothing happen and I can’t wait more.

I saw some people that wait more than 4 months. My son has exams and tuitions , so how is he going to work ? 

Highlighted

Hi @alainpeigne45 

So have you tried the number I gave you in my last reply before?

Did you receive an order number from Telstra when you signed up? should start with 1-1 or 1-2?

What was the reason given for the hold up in the order.

It may not be Telstra's fault.

Rohan

So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Rohan
Highlighted

Yes they have traced my order and they don’t know why it’s not working. They think it come from us. And then I can’t have my exam !!! I only have the backup internet 

Highlighted

Hi @alainpeigne45 

It's really hard to understand what the problem is with out more details.

maybe private msg me your order number and a few more details and I will see if I can offer better advice.

Rohan

Rohan
Highlighted

I have the same problem, and judging from the comments here, I will be cancelling the order with Telstra & going elsewhere.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit