Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

NBN outage in Neutral Bay 2089

Answered

Looking for any advice on getting the NBN back up and running... Connection stopped yesterday around 1240pm, was hoping it'd be fixed by this morning. On my Arris CM8200 NBN box the power and downstream lights are on, however the upstream light is flashing. Devices connect to the wifi, however there is no internet connection. Have been through the troubleshooter multiple times and neither the Telstra or NBN outage websites say there is anything wrong with my address! Anything I can do to get this resolved ASAP? Currently on hold with Telstra..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN outage in Neutral Bay 2089

The only thing you can try is restart the Arris.

Otherwise remaining on hold to report the problem is the only other thing to so.

There do seem to be a number of HFC outages in the Sydney area at the moment going by posts here.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

If the Online light is on, then it the Arris performing a firmware update. If the Online light is off, then it can't find an Upstream connection.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Hi Jupiter,

The online light is off. Any advice on how I can get it to find an upstream connection?

Cheers

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

The only thing you can try is restart the Arris.

Otherwise remaining on hold to report the problem is the only other thing to so.

There do seem to be a number of HFC outages in the Sydney area at the moment going by posts here.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Alas! Thanks for the help Jupiter, hopefully not on hold for more than 2/3 hours!

Cheers Smiley Happy 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit