Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

NBN Outages

My NBN service has been out since yesterday 2pm.  I have placed a support call to Telstra a couple of times who provided me with the information that has been posted in outages.telstra.com however, I have no ETA on a fix and pretty much given the impression that it is out of Telstra’s hands.  Needless to say I am not happy with the situation.  Who is ultimately responsible for NBN services and how can I escalate?

thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: NBN Outages

If there is no outage ETR showing on outages.telstra.com and you aren't provided one over the phone then NBN hasn't provided an ETR to Telstra to pass on. Essentially all you can do is wait and periodically check outages.telstra.com
For Official Support Chat Now, try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
  • I work for Telstra in the following products.
  • Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.
Highlighted

Thanks.  There are a few streets impacted in our area.  Apparently NBN contractors don’t work on weekends.  

Highlighted

For minor outages and faults NBN contractors generally don't work on weekends.
For Official Support Chat Now, try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

• Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.
Highlighted

This is not good enough and extremely frustrating.  The NBN service needs to be maintained 24/7 as an essential service just like electricity and water.  You can not just force the service on people and not manage it accordingly especially when people are increasingly reliant on this. 

Highlighted

Changes to how fast minor outages and faults are handled by NBNco are up to NBNco. As NBNco is a government owned corporation I would recommend contacting your Local Federal member of parliament to provide your feedback to them.

Highlighted

I intend to not only go to the local Federal Member but also report the poor service to the Ombudsman.  The government is out of its depth with this and increasingly irrelevant to Australia’s needs.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit