Nightwalker1
Level 1: Cadet

NBN Phone Problem

Answered

Alright I've got a problem,

Was sent a free Fast 5335 for nbn, didn't like it, had problems with alot of things, port fowarding would no work at all and its firewall was just blocking nearly all ports and almost any unique application that needed internet access (it wasn't even allowing steam LMAO) it only allowed internet browsing, voip programs like skype and watching videos. It was really limited. I contacted support, they couldn't do anything and told me to get a third party nbn modem so i decided to get a Nighthawk AC1900 D7000 whichs works amazing right now, has very good speeds (praise nbn aswell, so much faster than ADSL2) and it fixed all the problems I had with the previous modem. However it doesnt have a phone port to connect my wireless handset to still use landline. I still have the fast 5335, is there somehow a way i can use that for just the phone and still use the netgear for internet and everything else.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cf4
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN Phone Problem

You could try connecting WAN port of F@st 5355 to LAN port of AC1900 D7000. if your lucky a the On Line and Phone light will come on and you will be able to make and receive phone calls. I have the F@st 5355 and have tried this configuration using two different VDSL modems a Fritzbox 7490 and a D-Link 2877AL and it worked with no problems. Every one else has had problems with incoming calls.

If it doesn't work could set a fixed  LAN IP address for F@st 5355 in  AC1900 D7000 and port forward the fallowing ports to the F@st 5355 5060-5061 TCP/UDP, 5004 UDP & 3478 TCP/UDP. Some people have had success port forwarding those ports with a Gateway Max II

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
cf4
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN Phone Problem

You could try connecting WAN port of F@st 5355 to LAN port of AC1900 D7000. if your lucky a the On Line and Phone light will come on and you will be able to make and receive phone calls. I have the F@st 5355 and have tried this configuration using two different VDSL modems a Fritzbox 7490 and a D-Link 2877AL and it worked with no problems. Every one else has had problems with incoming calls.

If it doesn't work could set a fixed  LAN IP address for F@st 5355 in  AC1900 D7000 and port forward the fallowing ports to the F@st 5355 5060-5061 TCP/UDP, 5004 UDP & 3478 TCP/UDP. Some people have had success port forwarding those ports with a Gateway Max II

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit