whyisitsoslow
Level 3: Gumshoe

NBN plan reconnection after moving.

Just waiting for an NBN Technician to connect me to the NBN. The date is supposed to be today but no time was given (not even a rough estimate).

I was disconnected from my old connection before the disconnection date (it was in the Telstra plan) and then I was told it was cancelled even though the order tracking tool said it was still progressing, then later on it said it was cancelled and then later on again it said it was completed except for the Technician coming to connect it (I was beginning to think there was a screw up at the Telstra call centre because I think that was where it started going wrong because the operator said the plan was cancelled because the NBN Co said there could only be 1 connection at a time at an address (even though the 2 Salesman I talked to said my plan would override the existing plan which was my sister's (we switched house))).

I'm completely lost. I don't know whether a Technician is coming or not and if my plan is cancelled because I'm still paying for it (an internet connection which I don't have).

Using my mobile as a hotspot (beats the 6Mb cap on the Telstra Smart Modem's SIM card) to get me through but I only get 1 to 2 bars of reception.

It's an absolute joke.

If you want a job done well do it yourself.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
whyisitsoslow
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: NBN plan reconnection after moving.

Fixed it. Went to the Telstra shop in person and they found out it was cancelled, so just have to wait for 2 weeks before an NBN Tech comes out to connect me to the NBN.

Until then it's 4G dongle (I've got a Netgear Nighthawk, so I just plug that in to the smart modem to get my internet connection) time.

@whyisitsoslow wrote:

Just waiting for an NBN Technician to connect me to the NBN. The date is supposed to be today but no time was given (not even a rough estimate).

I was disconnected from my old connection before the disconnection date (it was in the Telstra plan) and then I was told it was cancelled even though the order tracking tool said it was still progressing, then later on it said it was cancelled and then later on again it said it was completed except for the Technician coming to connect it (I was beginning to think there was a screw up at the Telstra call centre because I think that was where it started going wrong because the operator said the plan was cancelled because the NBN Co said there could only be 1 connection at a time at an address (even though the 2 Salesman I talked to said my plan would override the existing plan which was my sister's (we switched house))).

I'm completely lost. I don't know whether a Technician is coming or not and if my plan is cancelled because I'm still paying for it (an internet connection which I don't have).

Using my mobile as a hotspot (beats the 6Mb cap on the Telstra Smart Modem's SIM card) to get me through but I only get 1 to 2 bars of reception.

It's an absolute joke.

If you want a job done well do it yourself.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit