whyisitnoteasy
Level 1: Cadet

NBN plan

Answered

So, I get the new NBN router from telstra and an email telling me that once I plug the unit in I will be eventually changed over to the NBN. Cool. Easy.

Also told that my bill won't change, plan won't change. Cool. Easy.

Now, what speed will I be on? No mention of that. I already get an average of 14 mbps. Will I get lumped with the 12/1 speed and still pay the same? How much download is included?

Could this information have been included in any of the correspondance that I have been sent?

Tried ringing Telstra but, for a communications company, they are frustratingly good at making contact impossible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cretsiah
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN plan

@whyisitnoteasy

when everything is up and running properly Telstra's Base NBN package is 25mbps.

however

you may have major nuances for upto 18 months after you are changed over. as this is the time period everone on your area is given to swap over or lose complete land line connection.

dont be looking for any speed boosts  before this time, and you will need to check your modem stats to see what you might be able to speed boost too (if anything). 

Telstra customer 15+ yrs, I am not a Telstra employee and never have been

Kudos and thanks welcomed

If I have managed to outsmart myself and give a Solution please mark it as so.
Service Status in your area
Someone asked to check your ping but dont know how
Check all your connected programs

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
cretsiah
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

@whyisitnoteasy

when everything is up and running properly Telstra's Base NBN package is 25mbps.

however

you may have major nuances for upto 18 months after you are changed over. as this is the time period everone on your area is given to swap over or lose complete land line connection.

dont be looking for any speed boosts  before this time, and you will need to check your modem stats to see what you might be able to speed boost too (if anything). 

Telstra customer 15+ yrs, I am not a Telstra employee and never have been

Kudos and thanks welcomed

If I have managed to outsmart myself and give a Solution please mark it as so.
Service Status in your area
Someone asked to check your ping but dont know how
Check all your connected programs

View solution in original post

cf4
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

The standard NBN speed for Telstra customers is 25/5. Unless you are over 1 Km from the Node you should be able to achieve this speed. Your download data allowance will not change if you stay on the same plan and your contract termination date will not change,

whyisitnoteasy
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for that.

If only Telstra could have been so helpful. 

Guesthere
Level 3: Gumshoe

Is that 1 km straight line as the crow flies?

How the cables are laid and interconnected, that may be a very different actual cable length - far more than 1 km in reality.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit