ottburger
Level 1: Cadet

NBN Plans

Get a phone call! NBNs ready .... come into today to connect up! 

Go into Telstra shop, 45 min wait ...... ill come back in a few hours

come back 3 hours later...... see a consultant......... nbn plan i want is "online only" 

Go home, sign up to new plan! cannot unselect having a home phone with my nbn plan? what the hell! 

Why have online only offers, its stupid, u have Telstra shops let people use them and not be penalized!

All I wanted to do was sign up to a plan face to face with a person so my questions could be answered, but alas to do that you cant get best deal!

FIX IT!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
DrQ
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: NBN Plans

Telstra don't have any nbn plans without a homephone, in fact most nbn providers do provide you with a home phone as a part of their nbn plans. some of them don't have any calls included (such as the hottest nbn bundle and the broadband collective - the ones listed here) but the actual connection for the voice service is included in it regardless of if you are going to use it or not. 

It isn't normally the case that offers are only online but sometimes they do have online only offers, the same way they have store only offers at times too.

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: NBN Plans

OK. To be a bit cheeky, but get the sort of result you wanted.

You go to your local telstra shop and hook up your phone to their free wifi.

You load up the Telstra site on your phone and go to the page that has the deal you are interested in.

You talk to a consultant, ask your questions and then sign up online to get the online deal.

Most (not all) of the consultants at the shop are usually quite happy just to answer your questions (as they know that way you will come back when you want to buy something else in store).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit