jamesk811
Level 2: Rookie

NBN Pricing and lack of 50mbps option

HI, I have been a long time Telstra customer and am dissapointed at the pricing of the NBN and that the mid range 50mbps option is not available which I think would not only lower the price and make it more competitive but also be more relevant to alot of regular everyday NBN users. I mean $100 per month for 500gb at the lowest speed is just a poor effort when other reliable companies like exetel/internode and iinet are doing $85 for 300gb with unlimited off peak at the FASTEST speeds. Maybe Telstra will reconsider their pricing soon and maybe think about offering the 50mbps option.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Esther
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: NBN Pricing and lack of 50mbps option

Hi jamesk811,

Thanks for your feedback. We don't compete on price unfortunately at this stage the additional speed options on NBN are 25MBps & 100 MBps as per

http://www.telstra.com.au/internet/home-broadband/nbn/plans-products/  

Thanks 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

jamesk811
Level 2: Rookie

Yeah thats fine, just giving you my feedback as im not happy and im sure alot of other customers are in the same boat.
n2570
Level 1: Cadet

Agreed. I want the 50mbps option too. I am looking at TPG who offer the 100mbps for less than Telstra does 25mbps.

Findmeatthepub
Level 1: Cadet

Just set up the $99 plan inc Foxtel and paid extra $10 pm for a speed boost.

Am only fibre to to node, not fibre to the premises.

Have not plugged a pc into the modem yet, but getting 50Mbps through the Netgear Range Extender in the shed.

Extender is about 15 metres from the house..

Very pleasing result, thanks Telstra

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit