Level 1: Cadet

Nbn query

Hi, my nbn is being connected today but my modem hasn't arrived. Am l still going to be able to connect to the internet, tv, etc without the modem? Does my current adsl still work until l unplug it and connect new modem once it arrives?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Nbn query

Once your service has been switched over, your ADSL will cease working.

Your current modem will probably work on an NBN Connection. Which model modem do you currently have, and what type of NBN connection are you getting?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

It's fttn and l have a Netgear modem that is about 5 years old

@Jupiter wrote:

Once your service has been switched over, your ADSL will cease working.

Your current modem will probably work on an NBN Connection. Which model modem do you currently have, and what type of NBN connection are you getting?

Fttn and a Netgear modem that is approximately 5 years old

OK. Does the Netgear modem have a model number printed on the underside/back? Trying to work out if it is compatible with VDSL.

If it is VDSL compatible, then it will work with FTTN, you just won't have the home phone working until your Telstra Smartmodem arrives.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Model number DS200.. thanks for all your help!

If you mean a Netgear DM200, then it should work as it is VDSL compatible. You will just need to apply the correct settings to get it to work.

DSL Modulation Type VDSL

VLAN ID unticked.

Internet Connection Type Dynamic IP

IPv4 Enabled Ticked

IPv6 Enabled

Addressing Type DHCP

VPI/VCI 8/35

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit