Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

NBN Ready bundle - Switching over to NBN

Answered

Building has commenced in my area for some time now and and I think it'll finish up soon*.

I'm currently on a NBN ready bundle and I remember receiving email a while back that they will switch over to NBN for us free of charge.

I guess I just want to know what to expect when the time comes. So how does the whole switching over to the NBN plan work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN Ready bundle - Switching over to NBN

Yeah...

So if you want to keep your same NBN ready plan and service with Telstra, when it comes to your area being ready or being about to be ready, you just contact Telstra on 1800 TFIBRE (1800 834 273) and speak to the NBN team who will arrange an NBN conversion order for you and arrange your appointments with NBN Co to install the new hardware...

Once the hardware is installed the conversion would be processed and you can connect to the NBN
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Hello,

My understanding is that NBN give you,  or direct you to a list of re-sellers. eg Telstra.

You can choose which service provider you connect with as NBN do not deal directly with consumers.

Thanks

If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Yeah...

So if you want to keep your same NBN ready plan and service with Telstra, when it comes to your area being ready or being about to be ready, you just contact Telstra on 1800 TFIBRE (1800 834 273) and speak to the NBN team who will arrange an NBN conversion order for you and arrange your appointments with NBN Co to install the new hardware...

Once the hardware is installed the conversion would be processed and you can connect to the NBN
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit