hem27
Level 1: Cadet

NBN Ready but No Connection Socket

Answered

Hoping someone might be able to shed some light on my current predicament!

I've just moved into an apartment/building that is NBN ready. The problem is, there is no wall socket in my apartment for my internet provider (which originally wasn't going to be Telstra, but I am thinking about switching).  The real estate agent has agreed that they can install the wall socket at no charge to myself, however are now questioning the type of socket my internet provider has said I need to install for their NBN connection box to work

If it is the wrong one, I would have to pay the cost of getting the right one installed. 

In my conversation with the real estate agent, they said the socket looks more like the Foxtel connection socket, which I assume looks more like this.. I'd really like to get a second opinion as to what it is I need.

If I decide to get NBN through Telstra, do they install this themselves as well? Or would I still end up having to go back to the real estate and asking them to send someone out? I've already spent so much time going back and forth, I just want to get this sorted asap so I can start working properly from home. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN Ready but No Connection Socket

When you order an NBN based service (from any provider), NBN Co come out and install the socket as part of the installation.

Your Real Estate Agent can't really argue about the type of socket that is being installed, there is no choice. NBN Co will install the correct one for the type of technology being used.

If you type in the address in to the nbnco.com.au website, it will tell you the technology type being used (FTTN, FTTB, FTTC, FTTP, HFC) and then you will be able to determine the type of socket.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN Ready but No Connection Socket

When you order an NBN based service (from any provider), NBN Co come out and install the socket as part of the installation.

Your Real Estate Agent can't really argue about the type of socket that is being installed, there is no choice. NBN Co will install the correct one for the type of technology being used.

If you type in the address in to the nbnco.com.au website, it will tell you the technology type being used (FTTN, FTTB, FTTC, FTTP, HFC) and then you will be able to determine the type of socket.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit