Channel33
Level 1: Cadet

NBN Router Keeps dropping out and resetting after 2 minutes

Please can someone help me. Our NBN router now keeps dropping and resetting after 2 minutes. Happened three times just this morning during rather important work calls and kids doing home schooling. 

It seems to have started a few weeks ago. I raised this with Telstra via an app, got an incident logged and got told they've checked and there is no issue. Incident closed. Very frustrating. 

Would be good to talk to an actual person so that they can help resolve this.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: NBN Router Keeps dropping out and resetting after 2 minutes

A recent firmware update added protected management frames (PMF) wifi security to the modem. This is not compatible with all devices and I have seen it result in modem rebooting. Try logging into modem (http://192.168.0.1, password is Telstra), go to Advanced WiFi and disable PMF for both bands. Instead of disabling PMF you could also try finding if a particular device is causing modem to reboot by turning off half the wifi devices at a time and seeing if rebooting stops.

Channel33
Level 1: Cadet

Re: NBN Router Keeps dropping out and resetting after 2 minutes

Thanks for the reply. I should clarify that I am not using the Telstra wifi provided with the NBN modem. My Modem is plugged into a Netgear Orbi RBR50 mesh wifi system since May which generates the Wifi signal.

It has been stable without any issues as the instability started at the start of August.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit