CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Nbn service disconnected

Had Telstra nbn service disconnected yesterday without my consent, authorisation or any prior communication. They said it was a move out request by another provider. After 2 hours on phone I now have had to commence a new service that will take 5 days to connect and up to 48 hours to hear back regarding the complaint. Frustrated would be an understatement. Anyone had this experience. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: Nbn service disconnected

3 days and still no contact regarding complaint after being told 24-48 hours.

Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

All you need to do is request a port reversal. There is no need for a new service.

I'd be lodging a complaint via https://telstra.com/complaints as whoever you've been dealing with isn't following the procedure.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Thanks. I will do this now

Highlighted

73 yo recently widowed and non tech savvy.  Called Telstra mid March to tell them that I was moving into a retirement village without NBN connection.  My home (now sold) had NBN almost from the first installation in my locality.  Some problems over the years of being connected but not enough to make me want to move to another ISP.  This time however Telstra have outdone themselves.  After initial phone call I found that I had in fact been disconnected from my email, my mobile and my home phone rendering me without comms of any kind.  Was able to use another mobile attempting to find out what happened and which time I was made aware of the disconnections in place.  I was then advised that Telstra could offer me mobile data wifi at a discounted rate but I would have to pay disconnection fee, they were at fault for disconnecting me.  I told them no and then a very long discussion ensued with the consultant offering to send me the wifi toggle by the 20th of March so that I may continue to be connected.  30 March now and still no toggle, operating on free Wifi provided by complex.  I've called Telstra a number of times and hung up on due to call centre closures.  Use app, can't don't have connectivity!  Log in and provide email address we will send you tracking number for you to check, can't no access to email.  Using Webmail today and still no frickin sign of Telstra anything.  Considering cancelling all accounts with Telstra, can't get out to go to store, can't call, can't use email, can't use app etc.  Well Done - You Bewdy!  It's time for me to go elsewhere.  Send me a bill when you can find me.

Highlighted

Hi

this has just happened to me!

An i cant find out who to call now due to limited services Covid 19.

What number did you end up calling please?

Thanks

Highlighted

The number to call is 132200.

You can also try sending a message via the My Telstra app (Blue icon, bottom right of "Get Help" screen), or sending a message to Telstra's Twitter or Facebook accounts.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Same sh1t happened to me the other day, was told the same story and now I have no wifi and a house full with everyone off, they say they are working on it but I call BS, no idea what to do now?

Highlighted

Under normal circumstances, a simple porting reversal shouldn't take more than 72 hours. At the moment, with a large portion of the Telstra workforce not at work, it will probably take substantially longer.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit