Level 1: Cadet

nbn™ service interruption due to network updates

I keep getting emails/messages telling me that my network will be interrupted due to NBN Co doing network updates in my area.

On Saturday it said this would happen on the 11th of Jan, On Sunday I got another advice saying there would be an outage today.  Yesterday I got another email saying the 14th and now I have an email saying the 15th.

What is not clear to me is whether I will lose service on everyone one of these days or if the subsequent emails are updates and I should now only expect an outage on the 15th.

I am finding this very frustrating as I generally work from home and have to make other work arrangements. Can someone please tell me what day this is going to happen so I can make proper plans.

The emails should be clear if they are updates or in addition to past advices.

Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 23: Superhero

Re: nbn™ service interruption due to network updates

I presume you received these emails from NBN?, but regardless,  Whilst Telstra is apparently your service provider, they have no influence on NBN maintenance or it's scheduling.You may be better to ask NBN who own and maintain their own network.

You might want to have a USB mobile internet dongle as a back-up, as you are using an NBN home service rather than a business-grade service. These dongles are not expensive and a Telstra shop can sell you one with some data prepaid.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Level 21: Augmented

Re: nbn™ service interruption due to network updates

It all depends what the 'upgrades' entail..  you may get such small interruptions that you will not even notice them.

If you have a Telstra Smart Modem 2, it has 4G backup..  so if the NBN goes down for a few minutes that will kick in and keep your operational (but less speed)..  if you are really concerned, you can take the cable out of the (grey) DSL or (red) WAN port and force the modem into 4G mode, just in case..  

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit