CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

NBN Smart Modem can't connect to Rockstar Servers and Services

Answered

Ever since we switched from cable to NBN I haven't been able to connect to the Rockstar game servers or services on my xbox or on my any of my devices when I try to access socialclub.rockstar.com. Am i able to change my DNS settings on a Telstra "Smart" modem or any settings that will help me? 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN Smart Modem can't connect to Rockstar Servers and Services

No, you cannot do it on most Telstra modems with exception of Gen2 (one of them)…
But you can change it on the device used to access those sites...
DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

If you change the DNS settings on your device  change both the IPv6 and IPv4 settings or disable LAN IPv6 in the modem (Advanced > Local Network > IPv6 state remove tick). I have found that if you don't change both or disable IPv6 the custom DNS does not work. Disconnect and reconnect device after making any changes for changes to take effect.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

No, you cannot do it on most Telstra modems with exception of Gen2 (one of them)…
But you can change it on the device used to access those sites...
DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

If you change the DNS settings on your device  change both the IPv6 and IPv4 settings or disable LAN IPv6 in the modem (Advanced > Local Network > IPv6 state remove tick). I have found that if you don't change both or disable IPv6 the custom DNS does not work. Disconnect and reconnect device after making any changes for changes to take effect.

Highlighted

Good extra points @cf4... If the devices are Windows, "ipconfig /flushdns" should be good enough...

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit