rwatto77
Level 2: Rookie

NBN speed - North Nowra

If you think waiting for NBN will fix your ADSL speed problems you may be disappointed. I have fibre to the premises and currently getting a download of 2-3 mbps. I am waiting for Telstra to fix it on day 4. Not happy.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
AlistairQWA
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: NBN speed - North Nowra

Hi rwatto77,

As you have already escalated to the technical support team you may have already tested the following but this will confirm that the issue was with the network and not anything else connected with the modem. 

Connect a computer directly to the NBN NTD and run a new speedtest. This will isolate the connection and if still running slow then NBN will be able to followup. Also test at different times of the day to see if there is a change in speeds or just constantly slow. 

- AlistairQWA

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

rwatto77

Hi Alistair

i did the Ethernet cable test while talking to the tech yesterday. The speeds were the same. I hope that will help with the investigation. I am expecting a call back tomorrow. I have been testing and had download speeds as low as 0.91 Mbps. Hard to believe. I have had good and reliable speeds since the NBN was connected 18 months ago. I hope that service will continue ASAP. Tomorrow will be day six. 

rwatto77

MattyC
Support Team
Support Team

Appreciate your patience in this. Please let us know the outcome of the investigation. I'd like to know your speed is restored - Matthew.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

rwatto77

After six days of sub 5Mbps the speeds have improved but are varied and no where as consistent as before. I was surprised to be told that 17Mbps was acceptable. I’m no so sure. The Ethernet cable test was good (23.5 & 4.5). I have never had 25/5. I will monitor. Maybe time for a change.  Thanks

AlistairQWA
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi rwatto77,

Just to confirm, the connection is working directly to the modem via Ethernet and you are getting issues via WiFi connection only or was WiFi and Ethernet connection speeds varying?

- AlistairQWA

rwatto77

Hi AlistairQWA
The most recent tests via Ethernet to the modem are consistent at 23.5. WiFi is consistent now at 22-23.x with new idevices as long as I am close to the modem and down to 16 in other parts of the house so I suppose that is acceptable. Its a pity I had those six days of very low numbers but I guess these things happen from time to time. Thanks for your interest mate.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit