Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

NBN Speed Refund

Hi There,

I have completed the option outlined in the letter sent to myself offering a refund due to NBN speeds not being reached. Can you please tell me how long it will take for the option taken to be activate my refund back into my account.

Thanks Ben

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Re: NBN Speed Refund

Yes, i would like to know as well, because i have noticed my speeds have been dropped by my credit is not my card yet.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hey All,

The information that I have is that on applying for the refund a review of the speeds you are receiving is performed over the next 4 weeks, at which point the refund is actioned on the basis of those results.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

My speeds have been dropped; I've received an email saying my request has been action ed and I should see $170 on my account soon, but here we are two weeks later and still nothing. No refund to speak off.

Isn't it amazing that when someone owes money by even a day late you hound them like crazy, yet the moment you guys owe us money you take your sweet ass time. Amazing, ain't it.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Danielmann861,

Please speak with our Billing team (Live Chat  http://tel.st/hsc3 or call 132200) who will be able to follow this up with you. 

- Tim 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

I would like to know aswell. Had my speed dropped from 25mbps down to 12mbps and everything now buffers and does not load properly. Ive run NBN back up and they tell me nothing has changed .speed test put me at 12.5mbps ?? How do i get changed back to the 25mbps profile again?
Highlighted

Its Feb 26 2018 and still you have not refunded my money. I call billing they say call NBN, i call NBN they say call Telstra

I filled out the refund form 20th Dec 2017

Time for the Ombudsman to investigate again i think, Maybe apply a late fee for your unpaid bill too

GG Telstra

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Juzzz, 

Very sorry to hear that the refund is still not fully resolved for you. 

Our Billing team should be able to follow this up for you via secure Live Chat here:  http://tel.st/hsc3

If you don't get a resolution, I would recommend lodging a formal complaint online here: https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint and a Complaint Case Manager will be assigned to assist. 

Highlighted

I was on 100/40 for over a year and I got $2 refund. Looking into legal options now. Let me know how much you got

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit