northernangler1
Level 8: Inspector

NBN speed slowing

NBN installed about a week ago, speed tested a few times at 23/4.6 or so until tonight.

Tonight the speed is down to about half., 12/1.53,  If this continues is the best bet the TIO or is there a better way.

Should be half speed half price ! what do the forum member reckon  ?Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 9.08.49 pm.jpg

Telstra transmission manager, redundant in 1997 after 40 years.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
DrQ
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: NBN speed slowing

If the area recently went to ready for service or is coming up to the end of the 18 month transition period you will find pretty much guaranteed to find that it will take a couple months for them to balance it all out, especially for peak speeds.

They have to buy the capacity off NBN Co, it is quite substantially priced which means they have to try to find the balance between having enough but not too much, so at the start and end of the 18 months they have an influx of customers and have to put orders into NBN Co to increase their capacity as they capacity grows.

It takes them time to work out the amount they need and it takes NBN co time to process it as well.

If it is under half of your speed level then you can contact the NBN assurance team and they will load a speed investigation and try to get it resolved.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit