Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

NBN speed

Answered

Hi, I just moved from TPG to Telstra, as TPG FTTB's connection is quite unstable. I chooses $90 plan, tier50 one. After connected, I ran several times testing, my speed stays at 10mbps/10mbps, never goes higher.  I did testing on different time, morning and night time, always same result. I asked customer service, he told me slow speed due to pandemic, but I feel it's more like a speed limit on me, can you help me fix this please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN speed

The slow speed is not due to COVID-19. COVID-19 might cause a reduction in speed during busy periods but the reason for the low speed is the high attenuation of the line. There could be a fault causing the high attenuation. I would contact Telstra support again.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

There are two versions of the Gen 2 Modem, one made by Technicolor (DJA0231) (Vent holes in sides) and the other made by Arcadyan (LH1000)

Open a web browser and go to http://192.168.0.1, password is Telstra.

If you have the Arcadyan version go to Advanced > Internet. Speed link is displayed on RHS.

If you have the Technicolor version go to Advanced > Broadband > Link Status. Maximum and Actual link speed will be displayed. 

Could you post these figures. These will indicate whether the low speed is due to the link or something else. 

Highlighted

Thanks for your reply, here is the link status

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

The slow speed is not due to COVID-19. COVID-19 might cause a reduction in speed during busy periods but the reason for the low speed is the high attenuation of the line. There could be a fault causing the high attenuation. I would contact Telstra support again.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit