Mifijabe
Level 1: Cadet

NBN speeds at 10% of plan speef

Since upgrading to the Premium speed plan, 3 days ago, we have received less than 10Mpbs download speed during the evening. After finally being told by a service technician that it was an NBN technical issue and they would fix it, it’s actually worse.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
343GuiltySpark
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Re: NBN speeds at 10% of plan speef

What type of nbn do you have?
I work for Telstra, but my opinions are my own and not that of Telstras
AlistairQWA
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Mifijabe

If you have a FTTN connection then through troubleshooting and escalation to NBN, a stability profile may need to be added to a line for testing which can decrease the sync speed.  

Hopefully the tech team followup with you if NBN work has not resolved the problem as yet. You should have an SMS or email with a link to arrange a callback from the tech team as well. 

- AlistairQWA

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Chris_G
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Mifijabe,

Did you get back in touch with the tech team about this?

-Chris

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Mifijabe
Level 1: Cadet

Re: NBN speeds at 10% of plan speed

Hi Chris,

Yes I did.  Several times, until one Tech escalated it to NBN Co. At which point it was satisfactory for one day.

I then spent over an hour on the phone to get it escalated again - as the Tech tried to run a speed test from the his end and wouldn't register a result.

It seems to be stable as of three days ago.

However during this whole process I continually asked to have call backs in the evening after 7pm, and the Tech team always tried to ring at 10am the next day. While I was working. 80km away from my modem.

INC-01470362 is the fault, if you want to/can review the interactions.

Happy it seems to be resolved. For now.

Very frustrated by the behaviour of some of Telstra's support staff.

Thank you for the follow up.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit