Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

NBN Static IP not working

Hi

I have had a static ip with NBN for a couple of years and its been assigned and provided with no issues. 

I moved house in Feb this year and my static ip now does not work, I keep getting a new ip address assigned,   I have logged calls with no result.   I was told by Telstra I would have to have technician come out t look at it to fix at a cost.    My setup has not changed,  my NBN plan has not changed only I have moved address.

Personally I think when Telstra setup my new address they did not setup this service.

Any ideas on how to fix this would be  appreciated.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: NBN Static IP not working

If a Technician does come out your fee should be refunded as you are right they did not configure your new connection correctly. One thing you can check is that the static address has been added as an add on in Telstra My Account. You can also lodge a complaint by ringing 13220 and when asked for reason of call say complaint or use the online form at the site below.

https://www.telstra.com.au/contact-us/feedback-complaints

Highlighted

I have checked my account and Iam being charged for the static ip,  I have called telstra a number of times  and got a case manager,  but i gave up as it took a lot of time with no result.

I can try the form but doubt it will have a result.

My modem is in bridge mode with a router sitting behind it,  it worked without issue at my old address,  but not at the new address.

I was thinking I could turn the service off wait a week , then turn it back on again so it has to be setup again,  maybe that might work....thoughts.

Highlighted

You could try turning it off and then back on.

Have you ever thought of using a free dynamic DNS instead of a static IP address? If you are running a server or surveillance equipment it is just as good as using a static IP address.

Highlighted

Yes I have considered it,  however I have always just had the static ip and considering Iam paying for it I think it should work.  Hopefully it can be resolved. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit