CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

NBN technician visit

So went to the Telstra Store to get connected with NBN on 27th March so that I can work from home. They said I can get connected with HFC at my premise. signed up for the service and was ensured for a technician visit on 2nd April which did not happen. After trying to connect for 2 hours, finally got someone to speak with us and then the person over the phone had no idea what the solution would be. Later called the store from where I bought the modem and was told that technicians wont be coming due to COVID-19. Now, I myself work for one of the DP for NBN and know that NBN comes under essential services and hence tech visit being cancelled due to COVID-19 is a blatant lie. I only have two questions for you people

1. If you know tech visits are not going to happen, why are you promising to connect the service? Isn't this false advertising if its not going to work?

2. Can you please let me know if the tech visit is not going to happen at all so that I can try to get connected with other provider.

I understand that these are unprecedented times but there is absolutely no reason to promise a product and not deliver it without notice. If not, there should be some form of communication where you let me know that this is not going to happen.  

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: NBN technician visit

Nobody here can get you that information. You would need to call 1800 834 273 to rebook it.

Unfortunately, it is all too common for NBN Co techs to not turn up (not just during the current situation) and the first thing Telstra knows about it is when the customer rings to complain. NBN Co are terrible when it comes to customer service (or even letting the RSPs - who they insist that you need to go through - know anything).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 19: Deputy Director

Hi @TejasP ,

Definitely frustrating, I know for a fact Telstra have stopped all orders that involve a technician to attend a premises, due to the fact that these technicians (subcontractors of nbnCo) are deciding not to complete the installations. 

As for your order, it will remain pending until a technician is available to complete the required work. You can use the 4G backup on the Smart Modem in the interim at no cost to you.

While I am a Telstra employee, I am not an official Telstra representative on CrowdSupport. My opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Telstra.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I wish the 4G backup worked on my modem. I currently need to work from home and this is the internet speed I have on 4g backup. If I knew this is what its going to be like, I would have never got it in the first place. But while purchasing the modem, nobody told that tech visits might take ages. 

Highlighted

Yeah the 4G backup is capped at 6mpbs, you mentioned you signed up on the 27th of March, this information regarding tech appointments has only come to light in the middle of last week.

While I am a Telstra employee, I am not an official Telstra representative on CrowdSupport. My opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Telstra.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit