Kindlyuse
Level 1: Cadet

NBN Technician

Answered

My property is in a new development area and my scheduled NBN installation day is on 20/05/2021,however two men came to my property on 17/05/2021 stating they are also from NBN and just come a few days before that installation technician to check if there is anything block connecting the fiber to my home. They also asked where do I want to put my modem and NBN box and took a few pictures around that area and stating that they will go back and send message to that installation technician to bring anything needed and draw maps for that technician to install the NBN. 

I'm just a little bit concerned about that two guys. Is it normal to have someone from NBN to show up two three days before the installation day without noticing ahead?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN Technician

I would not be to worried. They should have notified you in advance but it is not uncommon for some one to check a premise that is due to have a new FTTP installation before the date of the installation. It is better to have the premises checked before the actual installation than for the Technician to turn up on day of installation and be unable to install the connection due to not having everything required for the installation.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
cf4
Accepted Solution

I would not be to worried. They should have notified you in advance but it is not uncommon for some one to check a premise that is due to have a new FTTP installation before the date of the installation. It is better to have the premises checked before the actual installation than for the Technician to turn up on day of installation and be unable to install the connection due to not having everything required for the installation.

View solution in original post

Kindlyuse
Level 1: Cadet

It would make more sense to me if the one checked my premise is the one who will actually come to do the installation later. Thanks for your opinion. I guess I will find this out finally on installation day. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit