CBWTIS
Level 3: Gumshoe

NBN terrible speed after reconnect back to my plan due to incorrect code of NBN

Answered

This is the 3rd post of 3 weeks since I lost my telstra service due to NBN wrong coding. I was reconnect back to Telstra NBN services after i made several calls to NBN and Telstra internal NBN team support. Since then, I have experienced the disaster for the internet speed. My case was keep opening as the speed still not improve to what it was to. Even wore, after get a replacement modern, the telstra air did not work at all, it is always showing 'telstra air down' in my gateway setting. 

Back to the NBN speed, i am on standard plus evening speed (nbn tier 50) plan since Apr2018. The speed was quite good for average above 70mbps. Since 3 weeks ago, after the service dropped out, the download speed keep lower than 13mbps, at evening, only 2-4mbps. Nothing improved after a replacement modern connect on. I was being contact my Telstra customer service numerous time to test the speed, 24hours speed monitoring, resetting modem, change settings at Telstra side, escalating the problem, change the modem position etc...  to me all meaningless, no improvement, no result, waste my time to testing time a time again. I was told a technician will send out to check the problems out side the property last weekend but no feedback at all.  

What I can image is I was taken off from the higher speed port by NBN/Telstra and reconnect on to an low speed port. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN terrible speed after reconnect back to my plan due to incorrect code of NBN

it looks like NBN Co might have limited your speed to 12/1 instead of 50/20 (Standard plus Evening).

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
CBWTIS

Re: NBN terrible speed after reconnect back to my plan due to incorrect code of NBN

After check most related posts, could someone advise if  'the line rate is the rate at which your plan is assigned' what exact rate will the standard plus plan 50 tier offered? 
DSL Status
 Up
DSL Uptime
2 hours 16 minutes 1 second
DSL Type
VDSL2
DSL Mode
Fast
Maximum Line rate
 38.33 Mbps  62.59 Mbps
Line Rate
 2.08 Mbps  13.96 Mbps
Data Transferred
 112.37 MBytes  2898.63 MBytes
Output Power
 -4.8 dBm  2.1 dBm
Line Attenuation
 5.0, 33.0, 34.3 dB  11.9, 29.7, 45.4 dB
Noise Margin
 23.5 dB  21.1 dB

cf4
Accepted Solution

it looks like NBN Co might have limited your speed to 12/1 instead of 50/20 (Standard plus Evening).

View solution in original post

CBWTIS

Thanks cf4, i will raise this point to the internal NBN tech team again.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit