Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

nbn tesltra router puts out four signals

Answered

New NBN connection with telstra router putting out four wifi signals: 2.4GHz normal that we use (working well) and the same on 5GHz both of which I can disable at router address; however, also puts out guest 1 and guest 2 signals that are Telstra Air and Fon Wifi both of which I cannot disable. Telstra NBN tech support cannot be reached. Any ideas? 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: nbn tesltra router puts out four signals

i  went into the router 192.... internet setting and that is where I can see the two guest networks and both are locked to enabled and I cannot disable them. I did this before coming onto this crowd support to ask the question. I am thinking it must be a telstra tech matter? 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Hi cf4,

just went and had another look. The wifi radio is enabled but the actual guest 1 &2 are not enabled. So you deserve the supreme being title. Thanks mate. 

Best regards nigwoo

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

The Telstra Air and Telstra Fon are not guest networks but hotspots for Telstra Air and Telstra Fon customers. The only way to turn these networks off is to deactivate Telstra Air in Telstra My Account. It could take up to 48 hours for deactivation to take effect and might have to reboot modem.

https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/telstra-air-management

Highlighted

Thanks. So what are the 2 guest networks being put out by the router and where are the Air and Fon networks coming from

Highlighted

The Telstra Air and Fon are coming from the router but they are not guest networks.

Highlighted

any idea how to get rid of the guest networks or is it a telstra tech matter

Highlighted

The two guest networks can be disabled in the modem's WiFi settings. They are disabled by default.

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

i  went into the router 192.... internet setting and that is where I can see the two guest networks and both are locked to enabled and I cannot disable them. I did this before coming onto this crowd support to ask the question. I am thinking it must be a telstra tech matter? 

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Hi cf4,

just went and had another look. The wifi radio is enabled but the actual guest 1 &2 are not enabled. So you deserve the supreme being title. Thanks mate. 

Best regards nigwoo

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit