Doc2021
Level 1: Cadet

NBN transfer TPG to Telstra - mission impossible?

Answered

I'm probably making a mistake (Telstra seems like impossible to deal with).

But I wanted to transfer my NBN from TPG to Telstra.

The process just doesn't work. I'm getting an SMS saying "you already have an NBN connection", chose an option and then the process breaks (Telstra doesn't send a modem) no matter what I choose. Telstra's support is absolutely useless. Any tips?

Or maybe I should just stick with TPG (Telstra can't even connect me, I can only imagine what the service will look like)..

Reference numbers: 

ref 06565840

order 1-2845355556741

order 1-2845587775234

incident reference number is INC000095152967

order number 1-2873284996263

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Teltraiscrap
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN transfer TPG to Telstra - mission impossible?

Mate I think your are making a mistake, stick with TPG trust me. Telstra are useless and don't care if you have issues with your internet , customer service is **bleep**. I have been having issues with my nbn for the last 4 weeks and still going after 20 plus calls and 4 Technicians later and still so im moving to different company and there customer service is crap they don't answer and when they do you don't get anywhere and sometimes they hang up on you and always the manager not available.  Run as fast as you can

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Teltraiscrap
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

Mate I think your are making a mistake, stick with TPG trust me. Telstra are useless and don't care if you have issues with your internet , customer service is **bleep**. I have been having issues with my nbn for the last 4 weeks and still going after 20 plus calls and 4 Technicians later and still so im moving to different company and there customer service is crap they don't answer and when they do you don't get anywhere and sometimes they hang up on you and always the manager not available.  Run as fast as you can

View solution in original post

TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Doc2021. 

Are you still having trouble transferring your NBN connection or has this since been completed?

- Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Doc2021

Still having troubles, yes. Not much changed here - I wrote to support a couple more times, they just said "you just have to wait", which made me laugh - I've been waiting since 2nd Feb. That was it. 

RyanH
Support Team
Support Team

OK thank you. Is the Chat still open?

- Ryan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Doc2021

it is, yes

RyanH
Support Team
Support Team

Thank you. The replies are not immediate but you can trust our guys are working to reply to everybody as quickly as possible. Please let us know how this goes as they work with you to resolve. 

- Ryan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit