Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

nbn wait

ok 8th of march 2018 we started process to connect to nbn, install date was given 19 March,

this was placed on hold because Telstra could not access the account that should be migrated from Foxtel, rectified that situation with a ten min call to Foxtel from me.

now the 23rd of march still can not connect, the tech for want of a better word, said there is a problem at the dslam for the nbn, ( they could not work this out earlier) but currently still with Foxtel, active line still with Foxtel, no migration order from Telstra to Foxtel, numerous calls from me to Telstra, just to be told first there is no information, last call, they need five more business days to fix error.

I am fast getting to the point of calling iinet to connect me, as it seems Telstra cant do the job, but also been told from nbn team that it is "ONLY" a five minute job that as taken from the 8th of march till now the 24th of march for a five minute job, by sounds no dept knows what they are doing

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: nbn wait

It is hard to say exactly what is holding it up. If it is on NBN Co end, then iiNet could have the same issue... or it could confuse NBN Co more and end up causing more issues.

If you haven't already done so it may be of value to lodge an official complaint with Telstra so they can investigate it further and try resolve it for you. http://telstra.com/complaints
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Highlighted

Thankyou DrQ for your reply, well as for complaint, 3 times tried lodging it, this one today is the latest in that fiasco, if you pardon me I will not hold my breath for a reply from that dept, possibly you are correct in telstras latest effort but still does not excuse the fact that over this period of time the only contact I have had with Telstra on behalf of the nbn connect is me chasing them.
now the Telstra rep that I called from the nbn management team told me this day, Telstra "promises" no more then ten business days from when order is taken to connect, as you can read, its been just a tad longer then that. Over my life I have used many isps because I have changed areas I live, and never once did adsl take this long, admittedly I am not an nbn tech, but it seems to me, it would have been polite to have Telstra ring me and say sorry cant connect this week, maybe in some unknown time down in the yr. but no there was nothing from them till I had to chase them.
The first instance back on the 19 first appointment , no they did not call, I had to call them to find out, they told me it was in back office being held up, no call no nothing, I found out the reason on my own, and fixed the cause, now they say the nbn dslam is no good, so takes 5 business days to replace or repair, why five is beyond me, but hey it can happen, they maybe busy at a pub who knows?
so I have agreed to give them this time, as it will be 3rd appointment, 3rd time lucky so they say and it seems to me its pot luck with Telstra lately!
Highlighted

The online form does have a character count that was having some issues, so if it isn't working I can only suggest making the complaint as summarised as you are able and it should go through. You can always provide more through to the case manager if required.

I completely understand and agree with them following up... I am 100% in agreeance on that one.

Have you received your Smart Gateway at least? That should still allow you to access the net (slower but still at least a connection) until they can get it all fixed.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Highlighted

again thankyou for your reply DrQ, I should have stipulated in my first post something, Telstra was supposed to migrate all my services from Foxtel to Telstra, meaning the internet, phone etc, ( btw yes Foxtel have internet and phone), now they are two entirely separate companies, I know Telstra has a Foxtel team and no I am not with that one.

with all that being said I am very curious how they will connect the nbn to an active line that Telstra does not control or have the number to?

I have been told various scenarios, all of which seem pulled out the bag on the date.

Foxtel as of this night still hold the line as active, not Telstra, so to my way of thinking they will not get past that error, till they actually figure out, ohhhh we need to have the active line!

correct me if I am wrong please, because Telstra don't even want to look at that possibility.

now they have asked me numerous times for an account, btw which is with Foxtel, not Telstra, and when I cant give them a Telstra account they try my home number, surprisingly which does not show on their systems.

I had one nbn management person tell me, Foxtel does not handle internet or phone, only the entertainment side, seems odd, I been connected to Foxtel for the last yr and a 1/2, I will not go into detail for my change, but the way it looks to me with out the migration of the number and line to Telstra, they are wasting my time and theirs.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit