Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

NBN Wifi

Hi All,

We have had NBN for months now with no issues. We have Wifi connected to 5 devices on a daily basis. Today I cannot on any device connect to the Wifi. I can't even find the modem in the wifi list anymore. I have done wifi tests and they are saying it is working. I have gone through all the trouble shooting as best I know and can. I have spoken to the crappy Telstra AI which was pointless.The internet is definitely working as I have my playstation plugged in via cable. Due to Covid I have no help from Telstra at all which is f*****g pathetic. Can anyone help? This is my last idea. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: NBN Wifi

It looks like the modem's WiFi might be faulty. Do you know if your WiFi devies are dual band or only support 2.4 GHz WiFi? What model modem do you have (DJA0231,LH1000, DJA0230......)? There is a label on the bottom of the modem with model details.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

We have a DJA0231? I honestly wouldn't know about the dual and or 2.4GHz. How would I find out?

Highlighted

To find out if devices are dual band you would have to look up the specs of the device. Most printers, IP camera's, budget tablets and phones and some PCs only 2.4 GHz WiFi.

A lot of people including myself have had DJA0231 modem's with faulty 2.4 GHz WiFi. You could try factory resetting modem by pressing the reset button for at least 10 seconds while modem is powered on. Reset button is located on back of modem near LAN port 2. If that doesn't work the only solution is a replacement modem.

The best way to contact Telstra is to use the blue messaging icon on the bottom right of the Get help section of the My Telstra app. You should be able to leave a message for them to contact you.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit