Salem62
Level 2: Rookie

NBN

Telstra have sent me a NBN kit.... 

I didn't ask for one.

Do I need to install the equipment so as I'm not cut off from the internet?

My internet speed is 13 sloooowwwww... will NBN be better?

Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Jimmy-Lo
Support Team
Support Team

Re: NBN

Hi @Salem62

I would recommend a change over to the NBN as soon as possible as once the NBN roll out is complete all other technology types are deactivated.

NBN speeds vary from area to area so it is regrettably impossible to say.

- Jimmy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Salem62
Level 2: Rookie

What about the Wi-Fi extender things that plug into the power points... will they still work?

Jimmy-Lo
Support Team
Support Team

@Salem62 from my understanding the Wi-Fi extenders will still work the same way on NBN.

- Jimmy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

chrodo
Level 9: Captain

If your getting 13 on ADSL , you will get better on NBN in most cases, it all depends on the inferstructer in your area and how far you will be from the DSLAM.

FTTN Tech. Appinions are my own.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit