Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

NBN

Hi

I have received my NBN and G2 smart modem and my critical information says the plan is set to go, however I have tried several times to connect to the NBN and all the indicators are that WiFi and Modem are successful except phone and internet are not connected.

I cant contact anyone unless I hold on for 2 hrs according to the recording; So I reconnect my ADSL and that all works OK..

There is no way I have of knowing if the network is actually ready for me or when I will be contacted to say Yes or No to constantly attempting to be connected.

Frustrated:

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 17: Bureau Chief

Re: NBN

HI @PJM333 

Sorry to here your current issues with connecting to NBN.

You could try calling NBN billing on 1800834273 and see if they can help.

If you have an order number that would help also, should start with 1-1 or 1-2.

if you do have an order number you can track its progress here, below.

https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/track-my-order

or contact Telstra through the my Telstra app

https://www.telstra.com.au/mytelstra

More information on how to leave a message via the My Telstra app can be found at
https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Accounts-Plans/How-to-message-with-us-in-the-My-Telstra-app/t...

Rohan

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan
Highlighted

Thanks, I will try the number on Monday

I usually have problems which there is no answer for in the online help.

If you know what 4 locked on blue lights on the connection box please let me know because from what I read the LAN led should not be locked on and have no phone or internet.

Everything is working via my ADSL setup so I can only thing the NBN is not  linked to my line by some error;  Just my luck

Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

When you are transferred to NBN the ADSL will stop working. If you have an FTTC connection it will not work until the ADSL is disconnected.

Best way to contact Telstra to find out when you will get Transferred to NBN is to use the My Telstra app.

Highlighted

I have the ADSL on my current G2 modem which works 

I connect the new G2 modem and NBN box as instructions and power up which then gets to the stage 3 leds with the Lan flashing then after a few minutes the LAN led locks on indefinitely.

I had at one stage changed the ssid and password to the old so that all my devices work.

I was wondering about pressing the reset to go back to original

Highlighted

Thanks again for helping I am sure we will get to an answer but in the meantime my ADSL still works when I revert back to Orig modem. I am going for a Beer now

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit