Fixwireless
Level 2: Rookie

Nbnerror.do

Answered

Hi

My internet is down for a year and no one from telstra can help solve it. Every time I call it's from level 1 then escalated then they can't solve it and case closed... I am talking to oversea technical support that can't solve the problem...

I am on NBN fix wireless. The phone is working but no internet. However all lights on NBN box and smart modem Gen 2 are working fine.

When trying to open a web page this page below will pop up

http://144.135.132.136/nbnerror.do

Wondering if someone here could help?

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Nbnerror.do

It sounds like it may be a configuration error.

If you unplug the Telstra Smart Modem from the NBN NTD, can you access the internet using the 4G backup?

If you haven't already, lodge a complaint via https://telstra.com/complaints to get it followed up (which if it's been going on for a year, you should have done at least 9 months ago to be honest). It will take around 5 business days to get an initial response.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Jupiter
Accepted Solution

Ok. Something else to try in the meantime to try and narrow down the problem.

Plug a computer directly into the NBN NTD. If you get internet access then it is a problem with the Telstra modem and its WAN port connection. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

It sounds like it may be a configuration error.

If you unplug the Telstra Smart Modem from the NBN NTD, can you access the internet using the 4G backup?

If you haven't already, lodge a complaint via https://telstra.com/complaints to get it followed up (which if it's been going on for a year, you should have done at least 9 months ago to be honest). It will take around 5 business days to get an initial response.

Fixwireless

Thanks Jupiter for replying!

Yup, nbn tech came 3 times and said that's no problem with the nbn to nbn box link, it's telstra problem. However telstra kept sending out nbn tech... seems like the ball kept kicking around...

Yes, 4G backup works if wan cable is unplugged.

I haven't lodge a complain because there was a case created and the complains manager can't manage to get it solved for this long period... I went in to a local telstra shop and they said they can't do anything there, have to call the support no... will try to lodge a complaint from link above and see how it goes...

Thanks again

Jupiter
Accepted Solution

Ok. Something else to try in the meantime to try and narrow down the problem.

Plug a computer directly into the NBN NTD. If you get internet access then it is a problem with the Telstra modem and its WAN port connection. 

Fixwireless

computer plugged direct into UNI-D port and still the same error page pops out...

a case manager called and did some testing then will send a technician... will see what's next...

Jupiter

OK. So that means there is a link to the NBN but it can't find the information to connect you to your service. ie it's a provisioning error - whose system the problem is in is anybody's guess. If I was the complaints manager, if your account looked OK in the Telstra system, I would be asking NBN Co to reprovision the link, then if that resulted in no change, work back through the system from there to find the incorrect record that is causing the problem.

Mkrtich
Level 21: Augmented

Hi - do you get that error on all your devices or is it only appearing on one PC? Is the phone you refer to a mobile phone connected to the Telstra Modem's WiFi or a wired handset connected to the modem?

Jupiter

I just had a ridiculous thought. They may have provisioned the service as a Voice Only NBN Service. That would explain why the Home Phone works but the internet doesn't.

Fixwireless

the error is on all devices

the phone is corded phone connected to modem phone 1

Fixwireless

how do I know it's a voice only service or not?

could you take over my case and solve it once and for all...

Mkrtich

@Jupiter Yes something is a miss but I am not sure if the phone is telephone service or mobile phone. 

@Fixwireless  when I click that link, it comes back with a screen that says to contact your Service Provider. If you don't have a home telephone number via your Telstra Modem, have you perhaps occupied your premises a year ago as the previous occupant may have been assigned Data Port 1 through a different RSP. Usually the next occupant may be assigned , say Data Port 2 or other as advised by Telstra confirmation email to customer. Do you have any Red LEDs on Status and Outdoor Unit as shown on the picture below.

Mkrtich

@Fixwireless - sorry, I  did not see your post when I uploaded my last response. Starting to lean towards what Jupiter has last posted as the Modem's telephone port would be connecting through a valid NBN NTD Data Port. I take it sometime during the discussions with Telstra, they asked you to Power Restart or Factory Reset the Indoor Network Termination Device.

Unfortunately, you can only resolve this by communicating to Telstra - do you have 4G coverage in your area that would allow you to use the My Telstra App for a Chat session or type in 'Speak to Consultant to Report a Fault' so that they can contact you back - you may be lucky and get someone to answer a telephone call at off-peak times. 

We are customers like you and offer comments on Crowd Support to provide some guidance hoping it assists where applicable.  

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit