S_H_I_V_A
Level 1: Cadet

Netgear NightHawk D7000v2 keeps dropping DNS

Hi, 

So I have recently installed a Netgear Nighthawk D7000v2 Modem/Router for ADSL2+ in my home and it works fine most of the time, though, occasionally the router will suddenly drop Internet entirely, for seemingly no reason.

I have physically watched the router fail and cut the Internet. When it does the DNS light flashes, turns orange, and then turns off.

The router works normally for most of the day and will often only do it once or twice per day. The only way to get the device to work again is by cycling it's power.

Could you please give me any information about this. I have looked up the problem on many different forums and they all seem to point at the ISP being the problem.

Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Netgear NightHawk D7000v2 keeps dropping DNS

Do you mean the Internet light?

The Internet light flashing orange and then off indicates a problem with the DSL link which could be due to an intermittent fault on the telephone cable.

Do you hear any crackling or hum on your telephone? This would indicate a cable fault. If you notice a hum or crackle you will have more success in getting the fault fixed by reporting fault as a telephone fault.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit