CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

New Broadband Order and receiving a 1- number

I submitted a new request for new Broadband access on the 24/03/2020 and a received reference number NA50746551.  When I try to follow up an ETA for the installation (my wife needs Broadband to be able to work from home) I'm asked for a 1-  order number but I haven't received a 1- order number yet. How long before I receive a 1- order number and what are the current wait times on new Broadband installations (understanding the impact of COVID-19) ?  Thank you

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Re: New Broadband Order and receiving a 1- number

Same here my friend! although placed my order on the 15/03/2020 and received confirmation order email that day but still no Order number yet. Unable to contact anybody at Telstra at all.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Houghy, thanks for your reply.  I managed to get through to Telstra by phone and they advised that due to the number of new orders, my order had not yet been assigned or processed. No ETA provided but they will send out the modem once the order has been processed and also call to advise of an appointment. In the meantime I went to a Telstra shop and purchased a monthly no lock in Mobile data SIM. Not ideal but it ensures my wife is able to work from home if the Broadband is not installed in time. I'll then cancel the SIM. 

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks for the info mate, yeah just wondering how long as I got my reference number on the 15th and still waiting for my order to go through.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit