Sa212
Level 1: Cadet

New Cable connection- Customer Service FAIL

After four phone calls trying to arrange a new cable connection (2 people told me I was not able to have cable run through foxtel point 2 told me i could but needed a technician) I was finally advised that on Saturday (9/3) a technician would be around between 8-12 to install the new cable connection. At 10.45am on Saturday I called telstra to see if i could get an update on when the tech would arrive as I have to leave not long after 12, what I found out was that there was no tech coming and that my modem has already been delviered (and a card left). Fancy that, after all that fuss and fanfare I was able to install it myself... so i went and picked it up.

Within an hour I had setup and run the installation, I reached the modem registration (via email) and received the error CCP0009, I called telstra and was told this would be resovled within 48hours.

48 hours later still no resolution so I called back and was then advised that this would be business hours taking me to COB Tuesday but guess what?! still NO reply after i was promised a call back. After countless calls and wasted hours I was prepared to give telstra once last chance as I was hoping once installed the service might be good.

Tonight I call once again around 7.50 to get this resolved, after getting nowhere I ask to be put through to cancellations as I am sick of the experience and want to cancel the contract. You'd never believe it, apparently cancellations close at 8pm. Well, how convenient Telstra... keep me on hold so i can't cancel, how very intelligent of you.

I'm fed up with the lies, repeating myself and waiting on hold. What time does your elusive cancellations department open/close? I hope there is a window of opportunity for me to sneak in tomorrow?????

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Esther
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: New Cable connection- Customer Service FAIL

Hi Sa212,

Wow! it sounds like you've not had the best experience with connecting up your Cable service, apologies for the misinformation and muck around with this.

If you would like to go down the road of cancelling your order you can do so via Live chat here http://tel.st/iWZsx  who are available 24x7.

Alternatively if you'd like for us to look into this and make sure your Cable is activated I'll PM you so we can assist further and get your service up and running as soon as possible.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit