Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

New cable connection problems

Hi I have been a telstea ADSL member for the past 12 months.
I have since moved and upgraded to the cable.

The experience so far has been a complete nightmare, your support group are no help have the mental capacity of a walnut and they do not listen, Just keep passing me onto someone else.

I am at the end of my straw and very willing to go with another competitor If someone dose not take some actions and resolve my issue.

So Friday the 7th of May I ring up to cancel my subscription and to move with a cable connection instead. This went great Valerie was very helpful and I became excited at how easy the experience had been and buy the following Friday at latest I would be up n runing.

Thursday 14th comes I find out that there was an error with my modem order so Valerie from the moves team informed me to go out and by a modem so i do so I call and get mac address updated.

Get home the next day dame original modem placed on the order had been delivered.

Friday the 15th my order was completed so in therory thats where i should have been able to access the Internet.

So after nenumerous calls and trouble shooting I am still at a stage where know one there knows what the hell is going on.

Ill start with all lights green and stable.
Ip config show correct details.
The mac address matches what you guys have on file.
Last attempt was something to do with a server and that would be resolved in 48 hours. Well its 48hours and nothing.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: New cable connection problems

Is it possible the coax could be owned by another provider and if so why the hell has it taken this long and why wouldn't that be the first thing to investigate..

Highlighted

55 hours and nothing
Highlighted

So obviously crowd support is as bad as there telephone staff what a joke
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi DanielRoberS, 

Has Tech Support escalated the issue for you? 

If the system has the correct MAC address for the modem, and the service itself is active with no fault, then all should be ok. 

What has been advised could be causing the issue? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit