chrisheedy
Level 1: Cadet

New lead in cable, new network extension, but still no ADSL????

Well before we began building our house we contacted Telstra to get the phone line on. Because it would require a network extension we were contacted by the "new business(?)" department who offered us a wireless broadband package. Being heavy internet users with a 200gb contract at the time we felt the wireless plans just didn't compare so we , under advise that ADSL would be possible, went for a landline.

Telstra extended the network (at some cost I imagine) and we paid for a lead in (at some expense also) to get the line up to the house.

Now that we have moved in we asked to get our ADSL switched on........but not possible they say. Everytime I call I get shunted from one person to another, usually with no technical answer to my questions.

The local tech who installed our phone was sure we'd get ADSL but nobody at the call centres agrees.

The neighbours who run from the pit from which the network was extended have ADSL.

I'd be happy with naked ADSL aswe rarely if ever use the home phone.

Can anyone offer any help here?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

Re: New lead in cable, new network extension, but still no ADSL????

Can you chuck your Phone number into https://www.pacific.net.au/servicequal/ and post back the results (without your personal details of course).

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Renee
Support Team
Support Team

Heya Chris,

Welcome to CrowdSupport Smiley Happy

I understand that you have had a new line installed to your property and would like to see if, or more to the point, why you have been advised that you are unable to get ADSL Broadband and I can most certainly assist you.

I have sent you a private message, therefore, if you would like me to help out, simply reply and we'll go from there. 

In regard to the link provided, whilst it may provide information about your phone line, it provides no guarantee that an ADSL Broadband service is available to you and therefore, prefer for such queries that you use the tools we make available:

http://register.bigpond.com/check-availability.do

Alternatively, you can always have a chat with us via here. Smiley Wink

Thanks again Chris, I look forward to assisting you further. Smiley Happy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Kalak
Level 23: Superhero

I have to agree with Ben on this one. The link provided by Ben gives the results (almost directly the way it would appear using the Telstra Wholesale LOLO system I used to use). This CAN be much more useful to us 'general' folks who are trying to help out rather than sell Bigpond products.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Ben_F

That's because it's a LOLIG application.

New Users - Click Here!

Ben_F

To repost what I wrote after I was moderated:

Rubbish - That is a DSL-L2 Service Qualification, which will check the available Bigpond/Telstra ADSL ports. That check is more reliable then the horrible system that is my.bigpond.com

B

New Users - Click Here!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit