Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

New NBN connection, All Green lights T smart modem & NCD modem all solid Blue STILL NO INTERNET

Answered

Hello Expert,

I need help to fix my newly NBN connection which migrated from ADSL today. Telstra Technician came and installed the NCD modem and connect with Telstra modem. As soon as he saw green and Blue lights he left the place saying his job done and I need to ring Telstra NBN people. Same time I have tried WIFI connection but no Internet!  He asked me to call Telstra NBN team but no help from Telstra NBN team. However, no help received from Telstra Technician. He went throw all steps again and the same light result so he decides to wait for 24hours which is very annoying. Hopefully, I get help here as I have no trust on the phone after my experience.

Here the Status of Lights 

NCD modem 

Power                   : Solid BLUE

Connection         :  Solid BLUE

DSL                        : Solid BLUE

LAN                        :Flashing Blue >> connected with Telstra modem in WAN PORT

Telstra Modem

Online : Solid Green

DSl : Solid Green

WIFI : Solid Green(wifi on)

Front of modem : Green.

I have done below steps as Isolation the wires and modem, Reset Telstra Modem, Reset NCD modem, Plug NCD modem Ethernet to direct PC but no internet connection. Receiving IP address and gateway address but no internet connection. Change the DNS from Telstra to Google 8.8.8.8 still no Luck!  

Anyone can HELP me! Order No: 1-2408624774492

Thank you

Regards

Hem_Syd

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: New NBN connection, All Green lights T smart modem & NCD modem all solid Blue STILL NO INTER

Orders can sometimes take longer to complete. If you leave the moden plugged in overnight hopefully itll be working in the morning. Otherwise you'll need to call Telatras NBN support team again.
For Official Support Chat Now, try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
  • I work for Telstra in the following products.
  • Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: New NBN connection, All Green lights T smart modem & NCD modem all solid Blue STILL NO INTER

Orders can sometimes take longer to complete. If you leave the moden plugged in overnight hopefully itll be working in the morning. Otherwise you'll need to call Telatras NBN support team again.
For Official Support Chat Now, try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
  • I work for Telstra in the following products.
  • Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Hey Hem_Syd

I am in the same scenario.   Was switched over, 23 Mar.

Same steps taken and still NO INTERNET.

Finally yesterday received EMAIL from Telstra stating all NBN switch overs are NOW ON HOLD.

They suggested I do nothing and all will be OK.   HA HA HA....

Have tried to reconnect the ADSL modem back just to see if I can get some sort of internet connection. 

No luck, as the line in the pit has been moved TO NBN.

So the issue is with Telstra, and as usual they're useless as **bleep** on a gnat.

Doubt very much that I will have any home internet connection for at least six months.

Will be interested if they send out a bill.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit