Level 1: Cadet

New NBN connection, slower than expected

Answered

Hi guys, so I recently got signed up to Telstra's NBN 50 standard plus deal (FTTN) and after only a few days delay got the modem. So I got the modem installed last night with a few hiccups, (it kept restarting and clicking, a factory reset seemed to fix the issue) but the speeds have been quite slow at around 22-23Mbps down and 3.4-4Mbps up. This surely can't be right? I've been with Telstra and many different providers before on the NBN and my max is at around 40-44Mbps down and 18-20Mbps up. I contacted Telstra earlier in the day and they said my order was on hold and that they will contact the NBN support team to complete it (ignoring my complaint about the speed). Eventually they finished the conversation in the app without telling me if it was resolved or not. So I guess my question is, what do I do next? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: New NBN connection, slower than expected

When first connected the 50/20 speed tier is not applied until order is completed. If you don't notice an increase in speed in next few days contact Telstra support.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

When first connected the 50/20 speed tier is not applied until order is completed. If you don't notice an increase in speed in next few days contact Telstra support.

View solution in original post

Level 1: Cadet

Oh? That's pretty simple. Thanks for the help! Smiley Happy

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit