Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

New NBN

I am helping a friend set up a new Telstra nbn account. Have signed up online. Do we need to contact NBN to get a connection box or does Telstra do that? I moved to Telstra nbn and got the NBN box and Telstra modem but I was an existing customer with a broadband account. My friend has not had internet/broadband. Can you advise if we need to do anything else other than sign up for NBN Telstra service on line?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: New NBN

Signing up is all you need to do. The hardware requirements are taken care of automatically as part of the connection process.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

No...it hasn’t been so simple for me!! I don’t think it is telstra’s fault as I’ve had modem(s) delivered and ready for the NBN technician. But the NBN technicians are not Telstra employees and having not turned up twice, (they claim the address was incorrect and I had to reordered and am now in possession of 2 modems!) I thought I was third time lucky. He did turn up, walked around the yard and said he’d be in touch...and I have not seen him since!! I’m think I’m going to give up. 

Highlighted

That's got nothing to do with Telstra and a lot to do with NBN Co's inefficiencies. They should know exactly what is required for an installation to a property before they turn up. Just goes to show that they didn't do a proper assessment of each area when they were rolling out the infrastructure.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit