Johnny21
Level 1: Cadet

New phone will; not find my Wifi

My new Moto G Mobile will not find my Wifi. Have Telstra NBN Modem.. All other devices including older model Moto g will find it no problems.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
cf4
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: New phone will; not find my Wifi

The Moto G only supports 2.4 GHz WiFi, the modem's 2.4 GHz WiFi might be faulty. If you have the DJA0231 modem, log into the modem (http://192.168.0.1, password is Telstra) and go to Advanced > Devices. There is a list of all connected devices and how they are connected. If all WiFi devices are shown as connected to the 5 GHz WiFi and non to the 2.4 GHz WiFi there is a good chance the modem's 2.4 GHz WiFi is faulty. 

Johnny21
Level 1: Cadet

It is a Telstra Smart Modem LH1000 it says on back... Is this the DJA0231?

I followed the link you gave me and I have 3 devices connected 5G and 3 connected 2.4G

Thanks

cf4

There are two versions of the Gen 2 modem one made by Technicolor (DJA0231) and the other by Arcadyan (LH1000). You have the Arcadyan version.

Does the Moto G see other WiFi networks from neighbours modem. If it can see neighbouring WiFi networks try turning off Wi-Fi PMF in the modem's  2.4 GHz and 5 GHz WiFi settings. If you can't see any neighbouring WiFi networks then the WiFi on the phone might be faulty.

Mkrtich
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Johhny21 - Whilst you are there on the 2.4 Ghz page, won't hurt to Disable Band Steering and SAVE to see if that makes any difference. Your modem will them broadcast two Wi-Fi SSID names, the original one for 2.4 Ghz and the new one with the same ID but _a 5Ghz as a suffix. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit