Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

New Telstra NBN to house with Foxtel over Optus coax

Hi all,

We currently have Foxtel via Optus Coax. We are moving to Telstra NBN bundle with home phone, mobiles, internet and Foxtel. Will Telstra have to install a new coax cable to our house as we are in a HFC NBN area? Also will all the services come to the house that way? I have read elsewhere that Foxtel cable is being phased out and only satellite is used now?

Thanks....

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: New Telstra NBN to house with Foxtel over Optus coax

Foxtel is phasing out cable delivery and is moving to Satellite only by 2023.

I haven't heard of NBN Co using any Optus cables for delivering NBN, so NBN Co will probably have to connect you to the former Telstra HFC that would be in your street as well.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks... the Telstra sales advised that we would be sent a NTD and Modem, so I am assuming that the NTD will be used to terminate the Coax. Will NBN use the same Coax that we have already in place do you think? Its just a very long run from the street and worried that we may be without service for sometime. The sales team did not mention how the Foxtel would be delivered.... would they have to install a satellite dish then?

Highlighted

When the NBN rolled out in my parents' street, they put in a new connection because they were on Optus cable (they stayed with Optus on NBN). Their Foxtel still gets delivered by HFC.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit