WesleyMcH
Level 2: Rookie

No ADSL2+ or ADSL in and about Wentworth Falls

I Bought a House in Wentworth Falls for the obvious reasons and am extremely happy that I did so. But, it does come with thorns, one major one is communication and the internet. You are restricted to Telstra for mobile access both in phone and internet access. THERE IS NO ADSL2 OR ADSL in the majority of the area, aparently TELSTRA in its all knowing way has only allocated 47 nodes for the area. What does that leave an online gamer access to? $160 a month for 25gig of varying speeds of Wireless 4G. (  A new can of worms)  To try and even out the speeds at extra cost I have had to buy and install external dual yagi aerials that increased my recption to an average of 2mb/s Woo Woo. Talking to Telstra Techies on the subject is and was meaningless and unproductive. " Orh your in a regional area and 2mb/s is a great recption" , ( excuse me while I stick more pins in the vodoo doll.)  The village below me, Lawson (about 5ks away has ADSL2) while the Village above Leura (Approx !0k ) also has ADSL2, my question is, why is Wentworth Falls doomed to the bottom of the stack when both NBN and all other exchange cabling run down the highway that runs through the middle on the Village. Why is it that  there no real world solution for our area , for Gods sake man the Indians can get satellite and satellite comunication to Mars yet Telstra cant get modern communication to its paying customers withi site of Sydney. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Greg_Buch
Support Team
Support Team

Re: No ADSL2+ or ADSL in and about Wentworth Falls

Hi Wesley, from the details I can find at http://www.telstrawholesale.com.au/products/broadband/adsl/adsl-reports-plans/index.htm there is planned ADSL expansion work for the Wentworth Falls area in March 2015 which will increase ADSL port capacity for some street cabinets in the area - I hope we can provide a connection for you soon.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

RhodRocket
Level 1: Cadet

Do you think this will help all Telstra ADSL customers in Wentworth Falls. Although I have T-Box we have intermittent internet that drops in and out often interuprting out viewing of Telstra TV products or simply just browsing on the internet.

I have opened the xlsx spreadsheets and ther are lots of codes What does DSLAM ID: QWFALE4003M mean and what is the distribution areas DA13.

cheers,

Jon_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi RhodRocket, 

DSLAM ID refers to this : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_subscriber_line_access_multiplexer

This network device was had an outage on 04/03 which should have been resolved.

To troubleshoot drop outs on your connection, you will first need to try an isolation test if not done already. Here's more on that : http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/General-Internet-KB/How-to-perform-an-Isolation-Test/ta-p/5501...

That should narrow down the root cause of the drop, if it still continues to drop after isolation, then feel free to private message me your details, and I can test the line for you.

- Jon

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

mountainsrule
Level 1: Cadet

Hi there

We first moved to Wennie about three years ago now, and had NO connectivity at ALL, I was with Optus at the time and it was a complete black spot......I had to drive to the main shopping village in Wentworth Falls to get my emails on my phone and any messages that mightve come through the night before via sms!!!

Optus then let me out of my contract with them, although I did have to pay $180 for the handset, it was quite seamless and then out of the blue a guy knocked on my front door, saying he was from Telstra and did I need any telstra products....so I went through him to get all my house wifi etc set up, got a new phone and plan, and again, it was all so seamless.

But Im pretty sure we had adsl, we were in Panorama Cres, and from what i remember we never really had any problems with Telstra, only the other carriers!!!  Good luck with it, but erm, maybe you will have to sell and come down to Lawson, heaps of connectivity here!!!!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit