Level 1: Cadet

No Connection Bigpond/Telstra cable in Bethania 4205

There is an outage in Bethania with bigpond/Telstra cable since 10am yesterday 27th October 2020.

When I try to call (get disconnected) or check on the internet it states there is no issue in my area despite a number of others also experiencing the same issue with no connection.

Can I have some information on when this will be resolved??

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 21: Augmented

Re: No Connection Bigpond/Telstra cable in Bethania 4205

Do you have a Telstra Smart Modem 2? Has it switched to 4G backup mode (blue indicator on the front)?

If not, disconnect the cable in the WAN port and the modem should switch to 4G after a few minutes. If you have trouble with connections once in 4G mode, please come back with that advice - it could be some minor changes to settings are required.

One of the advantages of the 4G backup ability is to help you cope with outages like that. It is not as fast as your regular HFC service of course (it isn't really up to streaming) but other browsing, email use is fine along with your home phone if you have one.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

Thank you for your reply.

I still have the old white modem that I received many years ago when I signed up with Telstra for Cable. I was never sent a "Smart" modem that I know of.

I have been holding off switching to NBN (which I need to do by January 2021) and considering the lack of actual service when there is an issue I may just be going else where.

Level 21: Augmented

OK.. that's a problem for you.  That 4G backup has been great during a few maintenance outages out here in Redlands.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

Im in Bethania also. Telstra cable internet down. Cannot get hold of Telstra

No cable connection in Loganlea either. Completely lost connection on 22/10. Returned intermittently & nothing since 8am 26/10. Unable to contact Telstra by any method (phone, email & sms). App has service disruptions but website states no problems in area.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit