JonyBravo
Level 2: Rookie

No Internet. Connected to useless LTE

I don't know why Telstra has an LTE connection on their modem when it never works. It connects but I've had more luck pulling out my own nails than getting that to work.

My nbn seems to have gone AWOL since around 3am this morning. Have to now work through mobile hot spot to actually get anything done. Tried the app to message but then it says it's going to do a Troubleshoot fix, which then says yes you have an issue, click here to talk to someone (This is from within the MyTelstra app) it then redirects me to a web page that says you need to use the app and round and round I go. Finally got to get the Messaging working but who knows how long before I get a response. 

I cannot understand how a massive company like Telstra can have the worst customer service and are allowed to get away with it. If I treated any of my customers in this way I would not have lasted a day. 

Very poor effort.

So after all that, if anyone knows how to get proper support these days it would be greatly appreciated.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
ebei
Level 1: Cadet

Re: No Internet. Connected to useless LTE

Experiencing the same thing. At least this issue seems to be affecting more people, which means it'll (hopefully) get rectified quicker.

George4572

I’ve spent two hours getting screwed around just trying to send them a message until 8am when I could call. 

I call....and they send you a link to their messaging. But the link doesn’t take you anywhere useful and round and round you go.

i should have got up and put on a nice dress and some lipstick this morning. Coz I like looking pretty when I’m getting **bleep**ed!!!

RM666

Yeah, having the same issue.  nbn has been offline all morning.  The app is sending me round and round in circles. 

veteran_custome

Even the Telstra support number is constantly engaged.  Yet according to Telstra's outage page, there are no problems.  Surely Telstra can have the courtesy to tell its clients when there is a problem.  Perhaps Telstra subscribes to the adage deny everything, admit nothing!

DisappointedTel

Same issue here. Wasted two hours on the useless calls and links.

RM666

Ok I just used the “Telstra home dashboard” app (the one with a blue house with a Telstra logo in the top left corner.  Got my nbn to work, and everything is working great!  Not sure if it’s just a coincidence though.  Try giving that app a go instead of the “my Telstra 24/7 app”

screenname25

I too am finding the 4G LTE backup isn't working..

I remember the day my telstra HFC was switched to NBN and I was actually impressed that the 4G was working quite well before they had connected the cable..but that was 3 years ago.

LH1000 reports it's connected etc and my devices attempt to load webpages etc, but end up timing out.. 

- Using data on my telstra 4G via iphone, in same location as the LH1000 is fine.

I've been hunting around for a sim card adaptor so I can test the modem with my telstra mobile sim but can't find one.

Modem: Arcadyan LH1000
Firmware Version 0.11.11r

Data APN: - empty - (As per cf4 manual suggestion, have tried telstra.internet, and some others can't recall)
PDP Type: IPv4v6, or IPv4 - tested both, doesn't help. 
Username - empty 
Password - empty
Authentication Type - None.

Network Status: Up
Voice Status: Up
Current Technology: LTE
Current Operator: Telstra #StaySafe Telstra
Radio Signal Quality: Good (-94 dBm)

I wonder if it's a shaping thing, but when I try to talk to telstra's first level support, they don't understand what I'm talking about.

screenname25

Hmm the Telstra Support at the moment is awesome, you use the online Chat, it tells you to call, and when you call it tells you to use the online chat!  very clever!

/s 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit